Stuff I took on vacation
- MacBook — I felt like an idiot lugging a 17-inch Powerbook to work and around in a backpack. I threw it on eBay and bought a white MacBook instead. The screen is glossy and detailed, its light and powerful, plus it’s clean and more rugged… at least in my opinion. Great purchase, especially for travel.
- Nintendo Game Boy DS Lite — …And two games: Super Mario Bros. DS and Tetris DS. Then, at the airport, I bought Monster House because it had a good rating… but the game absolutely sucked. The good: It matches my MacBook. The games fit in my wallet they’re so small… I was able to carry just the unit in my pocket, then the games in my wallet. The battery is also very good. The bad: Super Mario Bros. is very very hard. Tetris DS is awesome though.
Stuff that I already owned:
- Sony Cybershot DSC-T30 — Great camera, no issues.
- Apple iPod 60GB — Great, no issues. Wish the screen was bigger so I could watch stuff and actually enjoy it.
- Sony Ericsson W800i Walkman Phone Took half-decent pictures when I didn’t have my regular camera (2 Megapixel, Auto Focus), plus it actually works better over there. (it’s quadband so it’ll work anywhere with appropriate GSM towers) Only complaint is that if you’re online with it, the battery life sucks.
For the plane, I brought just the Game Boy and iPod (and my cellphone) and they kept me occupied for the entire time. Plus, they fit in my pockets so I didn’t even need to carry-on any baggage. Nice!