A few new purchases:
- ★★★★★ MacBook (2006): I was starting to feel like an idiot lugging a 17-inch PowerBook G4 to work and around in a backpack, so I threw it on eBay and bought a white MacBook instead! — When I first saw this machine in the Apple Store, I thought the spacing between the keys was excessive and concerning, but I've gotten used to it. The machine is light and powerful, and the glossy screen is nice to look at. Great purchase, especially for travel.
- ★★★★☆ Nintendo DS Lite: The “polar white” color of the DS matches my white MacBook! Also, the games fit in my wallet since they're so small… so I was able to carry just the DS in my pocket, then the games there. The battery-life is also very good. — Here are the games I picked up:
… And, some stuff that I already owned:
- ★★★★★ Sony Cybershot (DSC-T30): Great camera, no issues!
- ★★★★☆ iPod (60GB): Great MP3 player, no issues! I kind of wish the screen was bigger so that I could maybe watch stuff on it and actually enjoy it, though. 📺
- ★★★★☆ Sony Ericsson W800i Walkman Phone: Took half-decent photos, and worked fine while I was roaming on European GSM networks. The camera is 2-megapixel and has auto-focus, so that's cool. — One complaint is that if you're using cellular-data a lot, the battery life sucks!
For the plane rides, I brought just the Nintendo DS, iPod, and my cellphone with me. Those were enough entertainment for the whole ride each-way! 👍🏻